Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Thoughts on the end of 2008!

Some interesting tidbits from the year 2008:

The housing market crashed and there were record breaking foreclosures.
Many, many businesses have gone bankrupt and many others have asked the government for help.
The American people elected the first Black President, Barack Obama.
A few prices:
A gallon of gas rose to nearly $5.00, then fell to approximately $1.30.
Milk has ranged from a little over $3.00 a gallon to $2.00 a gallon.
Eggs range from $1.50 to $2.50 a dozen.
Ground Beef is $1.99 a lb. (on sale).

And finally, I have decided on Jacyn's first word. It's Cheese, as in cheese for the camera. That is definitely the one word that she will always say, over and over, when you pull out the camera that is.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

For about two weeks in December, milk was down to $1.78 at Walmart! I went back up, though. (Too good to last.)

I like your signature. I saw directions for that somewhere. I'll have to try it one of these days.

All for J's said...

Happy New Year! I just got cought up with what you've been doing. Letty's apron is so cute I enjoyed seeing pics of your grandparents and your mom. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas and I love the pic of Jacyn and Dan!