Friday, December 19, 2008

New Coat and 1st Grade Christmas Projects

The snow is finally melting outside. The roads are all clear. The kids are still able to have fun with the snow that is left though.

Here's Thomas's new coat. It should fit him for a couple years, so that's good. He's got a present in his hand that he got from his bus driver, it's a little package of gummy cherries.

Yesterday when Thomas realized that they had closed school on the day they were supposed to have their "christmas dinner" lunch, he cried. He was so looking forward to that lunch. I guess they decided to serve it today instead, I'm so happy.

Here's a picture of all the Christmas projects that Thomas brought home from school with him today. They are so cute and it's hard to get rid of them, but it sure is a lot easier to keep them this way, then store them away to just take up room.

Here's a closeup of his Gingerbread Fred Journal and a translation. He was supposed to write about what he would do and where he would go on his day with Gingerbread Fred. This is what it says: "go to Red Robin. Play tag. go to the park play video games. he broke his arm so I fixd it by puttig a candycane on it"

Here is a close up of the letter to Santa and a translation: "dear santa, I should get toys instead of coal because I raede a lot." Then underneath he erased another sentence. You can still read it, it says "my mom said I am a brat." I asked him about it and he said he had first written "I should get coal instead of toys because my mom said I am a brat." I don't know if he changed it because his teacher told him to or what, but it just makes me laugh.
A picture of Jacyn, just because.

3 comments:

All for J's said...

I'm glad Thomas got his Christmas lunch. Those school projects are so cute! I love "just because" pictures...keep em comin :) Also, you got way more snow then we did..wow how fun!!

Brenda said...

Funny! I like the letter to santa.

Heidi said...

How funny. Melissa was really sad about the Christmas lunch, too. Unfortunately, her school did not switch and serve it on Friday. Bummer!