Every year at the school they have a Santa's Workshop where the kids can go and buy fairly inexpensive items for their family members. I asked Dan to give Thomas some money this morning before he went to school so he could buy something. He gave him $3.00. I was doubtful that he would be able to get anything nice for that little amount of money, but boy was I wrong. Thomas got that Santa bell for only $2.00. What a steal. So, here's the story about why Thomas bought me this ornament. About a week ago Dan and Thomas were playing with a beach ball in the living room (naughty boys) and Dan threw the ball and it hit one of my glass ornaments on my "special ornaments only" tree and it shattered. I was pretty upset about it and Thomas felt bad. Dan had told me that he would buy me a new ornament. Earlier this week Thomas said he saw a "diamond" or a "crystal" that he wanted to buy me, so I was expecting something like that when he came home. But when his class went to the shop what he had planned on buying was gone and then he found the santa bell. Apparently he hadn't seen it before, and he was so excited about it. He took it out of the box on the way home from the bus stop and I could hear something dinging outside before I even realized it was Thomas. When he gave it to me he told me it was an early Christmas present, then later he told me it was a late birthday present, because he wasn't able to buy me something for my birthday. What a sweetheart. Thank you Thomas. I love you so much and I love the ornament. It fits so nicely in the spot where the broken ornament used to hang.
DIY Paper Spinner for Endless Fun
3 days ago


2 comments:
That is adorable! What a sweet boy!
How sweet!
Post a Comment