Since the restaurant opened last Wednesday we've barely seen Dan. Thomas and me are the only ones who have seen him and that's only because he's been getting Thomas up in the mornings for school and I get to sleep in the same bed with him. He's been getting up at 7:00 a.m. every morning and doesn't get home until 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning. Can you say, long day? I'm not frustrated with it, because I understand that he's got to get the restaurant running smoothly, but I do feel bad for him and the kids. Letty and Jacyn haven't got to see him at all. So today I decided that the kids and I were going to Red Robin for an early dinner, so we could see Daddy. It was fun, Dan got to sit down with us for about 2 minutes. Jacyn is always reaching for him whenever she sees him, she can't get enough of her daddy. This morning when she woke up she started calling for him, but he wasn't home. It was so cute. Then, to our surprise tonight, he came home early (early meaning 9:30 p.m.). The kids were so excited. They all ran out to his truck to greet him in the cold. When I turned the corner from the kitchen, he had all three kids in his arms. I had to get a picture of it, it's just too cute. Just look at those happy faces.
Jacyn's been giving me a hard time lately when it's time for bed. Since she's mastered climbing out of her crib I've adjusted it so that the mattress is higher and the railing is lower, so she has a shorter distance to fall, if she falls. Every time I put her down to bed, she ends up crying, climbing out of her crib and crying and screaming at her closed door. I go back up there, try and calm her down and we do the same thing again. Eventually, I am able to put her back into her bed and she will go to sleep. Tonight was no exception, but lucky for me Dan was home. I asked him to go see if he might be able to get her to go to bed, after trying myself, and what do you think happens? She went right to sleep, she even reached for her bed from his arms. What a little stinker. I've been really missing Dan, she won't do that for me, I need him here to put the kids to bed. They behave so much better for him. Although it could be that way because he hasn't been home for the last few days.


3 comments:
Troy is always able to get the kids to bed better than me, too. We got your Christmas card today. Thanks! I love the picture! I'm behind in getting mine sent out. I really need to buy stamps.
I'm glad you were able to spend some time with Dan! The kids really miss their Daddy when he is gone. We love you guys!
Hopefully things will get settled soon so that he can be home! At least he's in the same state now!
Post a Comment