Today when Letty got dressed I thought, great, an outfit that I can take a picture of and post on my blog. Then she goes and falls down the stairs and lands on her shoulder. Now, Letty is a very tough little girl. She doesn't cry when she gets shots, she didn't cry when she got her ears pierced, so today when she cried for an hour after she fell down the stairs I knew something had to be wrong. I decided that we needed to go to the insta-care and have her shoulder checked out. As you can see in the picture below, she is in a sling. That's because she has a broken clavicle (collar bone). The stuffed animal (a Littlest Pet Shop Mouse) she is holding was a gift from Daddy, we went straight from the doctor's office to Red Robin to see him. They gave the kids each a shake and then we ended up having dinner there again. By the time we were done with dinner Letty said that "Cheesy" her stuffed animal and her shake made her feel better and her shoulder didn't hurt so bad anymore.

The tech took two x-rays of the same shoulder, so that's why there are two pictures here, but you can definitely see where it's broken.
I plan on calling her Pediatrician Monday morning and getting her in to see him, so we will see what he says and how long it should take for her to heal. I'll keep everyone updated on that.
6 comments:
oh, poor poor sweet letty is right! What a bummer! That must have been some fall! THere are only like 6 steps there! Not much fun. When Seth broke his leg, the nights were the hardest because he couldn't move and roll over in his sleep...I hope Letty fares better!
Oh, Letty! I hope you feel better. That is so sad that you got hurt. I wish I could give you a hug now. Grace wants to too. This morning before I looked at your blog she asked if we could drive far, far away. We asked where she wanted to go and she wants to go see Letty. We love you!
Ohh sweet girl...So sorry honey! Chantel, how are you handling it? I hope she heals quickly and painlessly!!! *HUGS*
BUMMER! I've heard that the collar-bone is the easiest bone to break, but I've never known anyone who has actually broken it before. What a tough little cookie!
We hope she gets better soon!
Oh no! I hope she's feeling better soon. That's gotta hurt.
Post a Comment