Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Morning

Christmas morning was so much fun. Thomas slept in Letty's room in a made-up bed on the floor. Around 5:00 a.m. I started hearing them talking to each other. I heard Letty say, "It's Christmas tomorrow, Santa's coming." Then Thomas said "The sun's coming up." And Letty said "No, it's not, it's night time." Then she said "It IS coming up, it's getting light outside." I heard the bedroom door open and then I watched them both tip toe down the stairs at the same time, next to each other. Next I heard them squeal "He came, we got a trampoline." Letty noticed her cd player and I heard her say "I got a music thingy that I wanted" and Thomas said "I got one too." Letty said "Jacyn got Abby Cadabby." I don't know who said it but one of them said "This is the best Christmas ever." Dan and I then called to them and asked them what they were supposed to do before they went downstairs. They ran up to our room and jumped on the bed and were telling us all about the stuff they just saw and then they grabbed Jacyn and took her downstairs to see the presents from Santa. By now it was 6:00 a.m. I guess this is just the beginning of early Christmas mornings for us.
Here's Jacyn checking out her baby cd player. She loves it. She actually loves anything that plays music. It's a very good thing that everything she got this year plays some type of music.

Here's Letty with a huge candycane that was in her stocking.

Thomas with a beanie baby giraffe that was in his stocking. He had been wanting one, so he was pretty happy to see that.

The kids were also excited about getting new toothbrushes in their stockings. Jacyn just loves to walk around with a toothbrush in her mouth.

Each of the kids and mom and dad got board games from Santa this year.
I made Thomas this robe.

I also made Letty this apron. I made it out of fabric pieces that were left over from the curtains, crib bumper, skirt and quilt that my mom and I made for her when she was a baby.

Jacyn got a doll stroller and a baby doll. The first thing she did when we got the doll out of the box was put it in the stroller and begin pushing it around the house. She was so happy.


Overall, it was a very fun morning. After opening the presents we had our traditional Eggs Benedict breakfast and then got ready for our road trip to Salt Lake. We actually made it out of hte house and on the road 30 minutes ahead of schedule. It's a good thing because the weather was supposed to be horrible. It had actually been raining all night here, and was supposed to be snowing in Salt Lake.

1 comment:

Tammy Anderson said...

I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas. The apron you made Letty is so cute! I'm trying to make the girls some.