Today I took Letty to see her Pediatrician. He said that of all the bones in the body to break the clavicle is the best one because it heals the fastest and they don't have to set it. Her break is already starting to form a callus, which is good, it means that it is healing already. She should only have to wear the sling for 10 days, the only reason for the sling is to keep the bones in the right position to they will heal correctly. He said she could be almost healed completely in three weeks, because she's a little kid and they heal much faster than us adults. Letty's been in great spirits and hasn't needed any Tylenol or asked for anything for the pain. In fact she hasn't even complained of any pain since the initial injury, other than the times when Thomas has hurt her or when we had to take her clothes off over her head. She is such a little trooper. Thanks for everyone's well wishes.
2 comments:
so glad to hear it! When I cracked my sternum they were hoping that it was a broken clavicle...but I was not so lucky. Due to reinjury, it never healed. It might have had I not gotten pregnant and permanently spread my rib cage...so now i have a permanent crack in my sternum. It's awesome!
Very happy to hear that she is doing a little better. We hope she heals vey quickly too. Grace keeps wanting me to make her a little sling like Letty's.
Post a Comment