Monday, April 7, 2008

What a difference a night can make

Last night all three kids fell asleep pretty early. Then at 9:45 Jacyn woke up with a fever of 103. I was so worried and didn't know what to do. I feel so lucky to have a "doctor" up the street. I called Heidi and asked them what I should do. I guess since she's still got tears in her eyes when she cries and is nursing she should be ok. I gave her some Motrin and her fever broke and she slept all night long. I think I got more scared than I would have if Dan was here, but being alone it just makes it that much harder. Well, this morning I had decided not to send Thomas to school, so I slept in with Jacyn. I heard Thomas get up and the next thing I know he's coming into my room with a bowl of cereal and a glass of milk for me. He said he was going to make me chocolate milk but he couldn't find the Nesquik. Then we went down and got me a small glass of orange juice. He's so sweet sometimes. What a cutie. I think he's been wanting to bring me breakfast in bed for awhile. He's been talking about it lately, saying that he wants to take care of me when I'm sick. And then there's Letty. My little helper. She puts the dishes in the sink for me all the time, brings all the cups down from upstairs and puts them in the sink. She does all this without me having to ask. I have to say, despite the fighting and bickering, I have the greatest kids in the world.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

You have such sweet kids. I love the pictures of Letty with the ribbon in her hair to hide her bangs! What a good idea. Why does every kid think that cutting off bangs makes them go away?