I'm being honest here. The last couple of days I've been tempted to drink, and I can't even remember the last time I even had a drink. I guess that just goes to show how hard this being away from Dan thing is getting. We are almost done with the hardest part, his training. He should be finished with that by the end of this month. Which means we will see him the first week of May. Thomas has a kindergarten graduation program scheduled for May 7th and we are really hoping, and Dan is going to make sure, that he is there to see it. Then Dan's off to Idaho. Even though he won't be home with us he will be a lot closer and will be working a schedule of 10 days on, 4 days off. So, theoretically we should be able to see him every 10 days, a huge difference from the one time of 4 days that we've seen him in the last 8 weeks. It's only been 2 1/2 weeks since the last time we saw him, but it certainly doesn't feel that way to any of us. What an ordeal this training schedule has been on all of us, but it has already been worth it. Dan is already so happy with his job and the paychecks have been such a relief. Back to the drinking thing. I haven't done it and I don't think I will, but it's been a strange feeling to be having.
On to something else, I think I mentioned in an earlier post that my Aunt and Uncle gave me a futon bunkbed for Thomas. It just didn't have the futon mattress. I found one down here on craigslist for $25.00 and yesterday my neighbor helped me go and get it. Thomas finally loves his new bed and we now have somewhere for guests to sleep if and when they come to visit. Yay!
DIY Paper Spinner for Endless Fun
3 days ago


3 comments:
I'm so sorry it's been so hard for you! I can't even imagine having Troy away for that long. I would seriously have gone crazy, but you seem to be sane, still, so there's at least that. :) E-mail me anytime if you want to talk! Love ya!
You've been so strong and so good. I know you can make it. I'm glad you were able to get that futon for Thomas.
Hang on Chantel...you can make it! You are already stronger than you ever thought you would be...you'll look back on this and think..."seriously, I rock!"
because you do
Post a Comment