Today Thomas went on his first field trip to a local farm. I took Letty and Jacyn with one of our neighbors and her kids. I forgot my camera, but luckily one of my neighbors had an extra camera that she let me borrow. As soon as I get the card from her I'll upload the pictures to the blog. So for now I thought I would write about the day. The kids got to see, touch and learn about all kinds of farm animals. There were kittens, baby chicks, baby ducks, baby sheep and a baby horse. They saw a turkey, bunnies, horses, a pig, and llamas. They learned about cows and how there are different cows for milk and beef and learned about chickens and their eggs. They also met a goat named Little Blue who was raised inside a house and he thought he was a dog. He would rub up against the gate like he wanted to be petted and he would jump up on the gate like a dog would too, it was pretty funny. At the end of the trip all the kids got to go down a slide that was made out of some kind of tubing. I think they all enjoyed it. Then it was snack time and then time to go home. Overall it was a great experience and a fun morning.
2 comments:
Kindergaren Field trips are the best! That sounded fun. That was awsome that you were able to go too.
What a lovely experience to share with kids -- cherish it! Yeah, llamas are cool. They're gentle, beautiful and curious. Here in Minnesota, all the local kids love to pet 'em.
Post a Comment