Friday, April 25, 2008

Jacyn and Ratattouille

Wow, tonight I put Jacyn down in her crib to bed and she just rolled over and went to sleep. Albiet that it was very late, but for me that doesn't matter because she actually went right to sleep. I'm still a little in shock about it. I hope that this isn't just a fluke and that she will just keep on doing this. I've been trying to put her to bed at the same time every night, in her crib, and she has always ended up crying herself to sleep. For those of you who read this blog that don't already know, Jacyn has always slept in bed with me. When Dan left for Chicago for his training I decided that I would start trying to get her to sleep in her crib. She does take naps in her crib now and that is working out pretty well. I have also been putting her to bed in her crib every night and she always ends up in bed with me by the morning, but I'm making progress. It's slow, but it's progress. So, I'm very proud right now.

Tonight our ward put on a drive-in movie at the church. It was Ratattouille. I don't know if they've done this kind of thing before or not, but it was pretty cool. They had treats, candy and licorice, and water and lemonade for everyone. They strung a big white sheet up between a lamp post and a stick of some sorts and I think they had it hanging from pvc on the top. Then someone had a projector and they projected the movie onto the sheet. I was wondering what they were going to do. Pretty clever. There were some people who sat up front in chairs and one of our neighbors and her kids were there, so I took Letty up front and made her a seat next to them and she sat there the entire time. I kept thinking that she might end up having to get up to go to the bathroom, but she didn't. Our neighbor said she didn't move the entire time. Thomas had to stay in the van with me. I wouldn't let him move. He was lucky that he was even able to go, I wouldn't have brought him if I had the choice. He's in trouble. Earlier this evening he was playing up the street with two of his friends and I asked his friend's mom to send him home in 20 minutes, because I was making dinner. He didn't come home so once dinner was ready I decided to walk up there and get him and when I did, they weren't there. His friend's mom said that she thought they had come down to my house. We couldn't find them anywhere. There was one last place that I thought they could be and it was down the street and around the corner, so the other friend's dad drove down there and sure enough they were there. I was so scared, even though I didn't think anything had happened to them, because there were three of them, but not knowing where he was, was scary. The other two boys got grounded, we'll see how that pans out. I know that I won't see one of the boys for sure, because his parents are really good with following through. The other boy is new to the neighborhood, so I don't really know his parents. This is the kind of stuff that is hard to do without Dan here. I did call him and had him talk to Thomas. Don't know if it will do any good, but I had to try something. One more week and Dan will be home. Yippee, we are all so excited.

3 comments:

Tammy Anderson said...

That is great new with Jacyn. It is so good when you can finally get babies to sleep alone. And when they can make it through the night you have a very happy mommy!

Sorry about Thomas. He should be in trouble for running off and not telling you. Not the fun stuff I'm looking forward to. But I'm sure it will happen soon enough.

Megan said...

I was wondering why Thomas was in trouble. That must be hard trying to discipline the one without penalizing the other. I'm glad Letty got to see the movie. She and Seth shared a bowl of popcorn, and they would both throw their heads back and laugh at the movie...it was so cute!

Brenda said...

Oh, not too much longer at all! Yay!