Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Strep Throat Anyone?

So, as I mentioned below in my post about Thomas's baseball game, Thomas was sick all day yesterday. Jacyn was sick as well. They both had a fever. Jacyn wouldn't eat and Thomas threw up all day. Last Saturday while we were out on the boat it was Letty who wasn't feeling well. This morning after trying to feed Jacyn with no luck and her drooling and not wanting to swallow, I decided to look at her throat and when I did I saw little white pussy spots on her tonsils. Poor thing. I called the doctor's office right away and got an appointment for an hour and a half later. When we got there and he looked in her mouth he knew right away it was strep. Then he looked in Thomas's mouth and Letty's mouth and said, "They've all got strep." Great. The kids' pediatrician is so awesome. He wrote out prescriptions for every one of us, including me. I haven't been feeling sick, but it's better to be safe than sorry later. Jacyn was a different baby once I got just one dose of medicine in her. I'm so glad that I checked her throat and got her in so quick. Thomas had just started to complain about a sore throat this morning as well. I think I caught it pretty quickly. We are off to my parents' house up North for the weekend tomorrow morning. We have a family party planned for Letty on Monday and will be back Tuesday for another baseball game for Thomas. It should be fun.

1 comment:

Megan said...

oh, it sounds like you caught it perfectly! It would have been awful to have it all hit the fan up there! Have a good drive! Happy Birthday Party, Letty!