I really like my friend/fellow blogger's thing that she does on her kid's birthdays when she says all the stuff she loves about her kid, so I'm going to copy her (thanks for the idea, Megan).
Today my little angel Letty turned 4. Letty is so sweet. She is loved by everyone. She is always sharing with others and is so helpful. Letty will always pick up my dish along with hers when we are finished eating and put them in the sink. Lately whenever she helps me do something she tells me "I'm an angel." I've always called Letty my angel, and I think that is because she was named after my maternal grandmother who died in 1995 and I have always felt that my grandmother sent her to me. Letty loves to sing songs and make them up, just like her namesake. Letty loves shoes as much as I do, her first word being shoe has been so befitting of her. Letty always has a big smile to give whenever there's a camera around, usually it's a cheesy smile with a scrunched up nose. Letty is so tall that she's only 2 inches shorter than her almost 6 year old brother, and she and Thomas's shoe size are only a half a size apart. Letty loves lipstick and painting her toes and fingernails. Letty always has to sit by someone when she's riding in the car, she has a fit if she has to sit in the back by herself, so that spot is usually Thomas's. Letty doesn't have a favorite color, if you ask her she will tell you that she loves all the colors. She can write her name and is learning how to write all her letters as well. She wanted to go to school so badly when Thomas started Kindergarten that I told her that she does go to school, she goes to home school. So now that's what she tells people, "I go to home school." We do workbooks at home and she's learning preschool type stuff like that from them, so technically she is kind of home schooled. Letty is so tough, she never cries when she gets a shot from the doctor, she rarely cries if she falls down and hurts herself (even if she's bleeding). When Letty was two she wanted to get her ears pierced, so we took her to get it done. She didn't even cry when they pierced her ears, she just sat there with a smile and her sucker. Letty, we love you so much, you bring such joy and happiness to us all.
I had planned on taking Letty to The Bear Mill (like Build-A-Bear) for her birthday present from us. I had asked her if she wanted to just go with me and dad while Thomas was at school, or if she wanted to wait for Thomas. She wanted Thomas to go too, so we waited for him to get home from school and then took her to The Bear Mill. She chose a white and pink unicorn with a pink evening gown for an outfit. She couldn't think of a name, so we asked Thomas to help her and he came up with Flower. Letty loved that name, so now she has a unicorn named Flower that is is just completely in love with. Letty has never loved a stuffed animal like she loves Flower. Flower went with us everywhere today, she was constantly in Letty's arms, except while she was playing games at her party or opening presents, and she went to bed with Letty as well. Here's Letty with Flower.
We had a party for Letty today that was supposed to be at a park with a splash pad, then the weather came and ruined that plan. We hurried and changed the party to the clubhouse and came up with some quick ideas for games. One of the games was the kids grabbing a balloon that has a prize inside it and trying to pop the balloon to get the prize. The kids had a lot of fun doing this. Here's Letty trying to pop a balloon, I guess using a shoe is the way to do it.
What a little cutie pie Jacyn is.
Letty and some of her presents. She was very happy.
Jacyn helping Letty with her presents.
Jacyn trying to grab my cupcake.
Thomas and his friends at Letty's party.


3 comments:
she is such a cutie! I'm glad everything turned out well with the party!
Happy Birthday Letty Lou!
Happy Birthday Letty! What a cute post Chantel. I love all of those things about her. I can't wait to see you guys up here for her party. I'll see if I can find something fun from Mexico for her.
Happy Birthday, Letty!
Post a Comment