When Thomas got home from school yesterday he told me that it was kids night at the rodeo and kids were free. I looked it up and it was $8.00 for an adult, so I figured I could use our last $10.00 to take the kids to the rodeo, it should be fun, especially since Thomas really wanted to go. It started out fun, Jacyn had fun climbing around the bleachers.


Thomas and Letty got to pet a horse.
Then as a little more time went by, the kids got bored, they wanted to go home, before the rodeo had even started. I made them wait for a while. We saw some bucking broncos, a few ropings and then they really wanted to go home. I was so disappointed that I had wasted that money. They didn't even enjoy it. I guess I learned my lesson through that experience.
I had found out about this website mywesternfamily.com that has a weekly coupon that you can print out. This week is a free box of macaroni and cheese. I was so excited, I figured we could get three, one for me, Thomas and Letty. We went to our local Associated Food Store that sells Western Family only to find out that they don't accept computer generated coupons. The only other Associated Food Store down here is Harmons, so I figured I'd call them and find out if they would accept the coupon before driving across town. I'm lucky that I did that because they don't accept computer generated coupons either. If all these stores won't accept computer generated coupons, why do they get sent out on the interet at all. It's a joke. Just one more thing to be disappointed about.
In between leaving the one grocery store and calling Harmons I spoke with Dan. He said he had some good news. He told me that his boss wants him in St. George for good starting Week Minus 8 (new restaurant opening talk). That sounds all nice and dandy when you say it, but then take a look at the calendar and it's a different story. Come to find out that he is going to be gone until October 3rd. I guess I should be happy to know that he won't be leaving again after that, but I'm not. I just found out that he is going to be gone for 2 1/2 weeks, it sucks. I'm tired of him being gone all the time. Six months of this crap is driving me insane. I know it would be easier if we were near some family, but being away from any family and not really having any close friends nearby either, is so hard. I'm feeling very alone right now. Thank you everyone who has sent me such nice comments and messages of support, I really appreciate it.


5 comments:
Chantel, All Associated Retail Stores should take the free item coupon. However, not all of Associated Food Stores signed up for the program, it was optional. Please let me know what stores you are specifically talking about and I can better answer your question.(I also work for Associated Food Stores in their Marketing department.) - Janet Eyring
I am sorry to hear about Dan having to stay so much longer than you had expected. I so know what you mean about being away from family and friends, that is why I decided it would be better for us to move back there even though i so love it here. Well call me.... Steph
Chantel, it's gotta be so hard for you after all this time with Dan gone. That definitely sucks! I'll be praying for you. I wish we were closer, and then we could hang out. I get lonely sometimes, too.
Sorry the Rodeo didn't go well. I feel like that with just about every outing with me alone with the kids. I hate it. That sucks that Dan is gone for another few weeks! I'm going to try to talk to Adam to see if we can come down for a weekend soon. It can't be this weekend but we'll work something out. I still want to go to Zion. It would be fun to go together.
Sounds like you'd better come and visit us!
Post a Comment