Saturday, September 6, 2008

Letty's Quilt

When we moved to the new house Letty chose the bedroom with a red wall in it and I decided that since she loves the American Flag so much, that I needed to make a quilt for her bed to go with the new room. Before we got back to town from our trip to Idaho, I had my mom help me throw together this quilt. It turned out so cute. Letty picked out the outermost fabric (it has little flags all over it), the red with white stars came from my mom, the fabric in between the red stars was some extra that I had leftover from my very first kitchen (I recovered some chairs with it), and the center fabric I bought in Idaho. The bottom of the quilt is red satin from a sheet that my neighbor at our old house gave me to use. Letty loves it and so do I.

Here's a picture of Letty's room with the quilt on her bed and the red wall behind. The sheer curtains were already in the house, but they were in another room, so I just moved them into Letty's room and it was perfect.

No comments: