Thursday, September 11, 2008

Nothing much

I guess I'm just feeling a little guilty for not posting anything for the last four days, so I thought I would just type something, anything, even if no one is reading this. Then I realized that I had a few new pictures on the camera so I should share those too.

Thomas is doing well in school. About every other day he gets a sticker, which means he behaved well all day. Today was not one of those days, but that's okay. He talks in class and that's why he doesn't get the sticker. Sounds like he's already like his mother and probably his father too. He's reading really well too. Dan bought him the first set of Magic Treehouse books and he's already on the second book. He gets books sent home every day from school that he's supposed to read, but they are so simple he gets them over with in less than 5 minutes. I guess tonight while he and Dan were reading the book he told Dan that the book was too easy and that he could read the front inside cover. So, Dan told him "Ok, read it then." It's the page of the book that has all the information of who published the book and the address and all that stuff. I guess he got halfway through the page and got mad and decided to actually read the book instead. So funny.

Jacyn blabbers all the time, not saying anything, but blabbering, so that's a good sign that something resembling a word should come out of her mouth sometime soon. I'm thinking that her first word may end up being belly button. I could probably get away with saying that it is in fact her first word because if you ask her about her belly button, or even say the word belly button, she will pull up her shirt and poke her belly button and say "baaa baaa." She's is obsessed with belly buttons. It's very cute. If she has a onesie on and we say belly button, she tries to get to her belly button by pulling up her shorts. It's hilarious. She loves playing with Letty's babies and her baby strollers. Lately she's been climbing into them and Letty has been pushing her around and she loves it. It's a good thing that she weighs less than 18 pounds or she wouldn't be able to do those kinds of things.


Letty has been a little sassy mouthed thing lately. I don't know what has gotten into her, if it's her age or what, but she doesn't like anything we say to her and she grunts at us all the time when we ask her to do things. I was in the backyard trying to take some test shots for a new family picture I want to take next week and she wouldn't smile for me, she would just give me this growl. Here are a few shots of how it started and what happened after I would tell her to say a silly word and then finally I got a "real" smile out of her.

1 comment:

Tammy Anderson said...

Thomas is going to be too smart for his own good, like his parents. Jacyn looks like a doll in the stroller. Get ready for teenage Letty! I think it is comming sooner than later. I hope you guys have a good weekend. What are the kids going to be for Halloween?