Saturday, September 27, 2008

Birthday Party Morning

This morning we went to a birthday party for one of my neighbor's little girls. She's friends with Letty and her older sister is friends with Thomas. Thomas is actually in the same class as her older sister, so it was fun for them to play together at the party. The party was at 10:00 a.m., which is a little different from what I'm used to, but it was perfect. With the weather still being in the 90's down here, the mornings are great so the weather was perfect for the kids to play and it wasn't even hot, yet. They had donuts and cake and Jacyn loved the donuts. Then they hit a pinata and Jacyn ended up with a mini twix candy bar, so I opened it up for her and she ate the whole thing. She did get chocolate and carmel all over her face and hands, but it wasn't as bad as she's been before. After the party I decided to trek across town to the Lin's grocery store, the only grocery store in town that will accept the free coupons for the Western Family free item that I was complaining about a few posts ago. We got 6 free frozen bean and cheese burritos. Then on the way home from there we stopped at a yard sale and Thomas found 4 books for $1.00 that are all little chapter books. One of the books is called Flat Stanley and he started to read it right after we got back in the van and when we got home he said someone in the book is named Thomas Jeffrey. It was awesome. The books are practically new too, it's great. I love that he's reading so much and is enjoying it as well. I always loved to read when I was little, I still do but I never can get around to it.

No comments: