Every morning and every afternoon since Thomas started going to school I have walked him to the bus stop. Even this year, he has wanted me to walk him to the bus stop every day. Every day until today. This morning when it was time to run out the door to head to the bus stop, he grabbed his backpack and said you don't have to go and he ran out the door. I didn't realize how this had affected me until I was telling Dan about it on the phone and I started to get all teary eyed. My little boy is growing up. I think today, him running out the door to the bus stop by himself, was actually harder on me than him starting Kindergarten. I'm proud of you Thomas, my big boy.
1 comment:
This is Melissa's third day in a row of riding her bike to school. I know just how you feel!
I'm trying really hard not to call the school every morning to make sure she got there. (I just watch her ride down the street until she reaches a group of other kids.)
Post a Comment