Saturday morning we decided to go yard saleing. I was looking for something specific for the kids for Christmas, which, by the way, I did find but it was in some need of repair so I bought it with the kids knowing about it. It's a play kitchen. I think Dan and I will fix it up and give it to them anyway, but it will look much better than it does right now. Anyway, Old Navy was having a thing going on where at 11:00 a.m. if you brought your kids into the store in costume they would get a coupon for a free t-shirt. Since I knew we were going to be out all morning I dressed the kids up before we left the house, so they were dressed in their costumes while we went to the yard sales. It was pretty cute. While we were at our second stop, a parking lot sale, there was a woman there doing face painting and she just HAD to paint the kids' faces. I had dressed the kids in costumes that were different than their normal costumes for this year, just because it was more fun that way. And Jacyn's regular costume this year would have been too hot and she can't sit in her carseat in it. I decided to put some little wings on her, a pink tutu and a clover t-shirt that she has and made her the "Good Luck Fairy." Thomas wore his ninja costume and Letty wore her kitty costume. They both got those costumes a few years ago from a neighbor that we had while we were living in the motorhome for a few months. They've been using them as dress up clothes since then, so it was fun for them to use them for actual costumes. So, here's my little Good Luck Fairy with her four leaf clover painted on her cheek.
And the Kitty and Ninja with their awesome painted faces.
If you can't tell, they loved the face painting and we had a great day. They got their free t-shirts at Old Navy and I also got a $5.00 off coupon which I promptly used to buy a $5.00 costume for Jacyn for next year. What a great deal.


1 comment:
Cute costumes! Can't wait to see pics of them from Halloween.
Post a Comment