Sunday, October 5, 2008

Dan's Home - Finally!

Dan finally got home Friday afternoon. The shuttle was just pulling into town right when Thomas was getting off the bus, so we all hopped into the van to go and pick him up. The kids were so excited to see Daddy. I've taken advantage of Dan being home the last two nights and went out with my neighbor and got a little project done. I started it Friday night, it's a present for one of my best friends' baby shower. I got it finished tonight. It turned out very cute, but I can't post a picture of it here because she will see it. Once the baby shower is all done and over with I'll post a picture of it, and hopefully a picture of her when she opens it. I'm very excited to see her reaction. Tonight was a Ladies' Night Out at Robert's, so my neighbor and I went over there and did a few make-and-takes and fun. This afternoon we went to the grand opening party for our credit union that just opened a new branch right up the street from our house. They were giving away cute red piggy banks, so each of the kids got one. Then we had lunch there and it was really good. Today was a very rainy day, but we still had a great time. When we got home Thomas and Letty painted little designs on their piggy banks and I painted their names on them. They turned out really cute.

2 comments:

All for J's said...

Yay, Dan is home! The pigs are so cute! You have little artists in your family.

Tammy Anderson said...

I'm very happy that you guys get to be together! We will see you guys on veterans day weekend for sure!!!