We knew we wanted to get out of the house and do something, we just didn't know what. The weather was great, a beautiful sunny day. I just wanted to go for a drive. So after discussing it for a little bit, we decided to drive to Vegas, do a little window shopping, and hopefully hook up with an old friend of mine. We ended up getting a hold of my friend, Jen, toward the end of our day which ended up being perfect because we were just at the point of trying to find something we could do that would wear the kids out a little before we headed home. We went over to her house and our kids hit it off great. Before Dan and I could even make it all the way through the door Letty and Jaliece (Jen's daughter, who is the exact same age as Letty) were already up the stairs and in Jaliece's room playing. Jen's son Jarren (9) and Thomas immediately started playing the Wii and Xbox. Dan sat down with Jen's husband Jeff and watched the rest of the Super Bowl. We didn't really care too much about seeing the Super Bowl. Some years Dan seems to care more, but I never know when he will actually want to watch it or not. We really only wanted to see the commercials, we were going to set the DVR just so we could watch the commercials, but we forgot. Jen and I just talked and talked. We stayed there for about 3 hours, Jen and I talking, Dan and Jeff watching the Super Bowl, and the kids playing and playing. It was so awesome to reconnect with Jen. I've really missed her. We haven't seen each other since my wedding nearly 10 years ago, but you would never know it. We just had one of those friendships that didn't go away, even though we lost contact with each other. Thanks to Facebook for reconnecting us. Here's a few pictures from that night.
Here's Letty and Jacyn at the McDonald's Playplace. They had a really fun time playing there.
The Girls. Isn't it so funny that Letty is so much taller and Jaliece and they are the same age.
Jen and Jacyn
Me and Jen






No comments:
Post a Comment