Today is a very sad day. Dan left for Chicago this morning for a week. I was sitting here on the computer and I hear the bird sqwak and go into the livingroom and find him laying on the couch with is wing on his back. Blood is bubbling out of under his wing and he's got a huge bare spot on his chest where his feathers were ripped out. Apparently he flew into the ceiling fan and it ended up breaking his wing in several places. Of course it is Saturday and getting a hold of an exotic animal vet is impossible. I called the bird shop down here and she told me to put flour on the bleeding area to stop it from bleeding. I took him over to my neighbor who used to have birds and she checked out his wing and saw that it was broken very badly. The animal hospital told me that I would have to take him to Vegas to see a vet there. We have a new neighbor who works for the Animal Control and she came over and after looking at him and listening to him, we all decided that the best thing to do was to put him to sleep. The neighbor who works at the Animal Control was so nice to take him to the shelter and give him a shot for free.
We are all so heartbroken. We will miss you Tweeter. You were the best bird anyone could have ever asked for. Thank you for bringing such joy into our lives this past year.
We love you.
2 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about the bird. You guys loved him so much. I know Ava had fun with him when he visited us last month. We love you guys!
so sad about Tweeter! Are the kids OK? Do they understand? How tough!
Post a Comment