And of course Jacyn had to climb up on it and then stand on the highest part. For some reason she feels like she has to climb on top of everything and stand up.
We had a pretty uneventful drive home, we drove home Tuesday morning. Dan had to fly back to Idaho that previous Saturday, so it was just me and the kids. When we got inside the house and I walked into the kitchen and stepped on the rug in front of the fridge water gushed over my foot. I could hear a spraying sound and I pulled the fridge out to find the water line to the fridge had a crack in it and water was spraying everywhere. It took me a while to find the turn off valve for it, but I eventually did. Then came time for the cleanup. It wasn't until hours later that I realized that the water had leaked under the wall and into our livingroom and the carpet was soaked in there too. I was able to get some neighbors to come help me and they had to take up half the carpet and cut out a 5 x 7 section of the pad. After a few days of letting the carpet dry out I was able to find a remnant piece of pad and ten days later when Dan got home he put it in, fixed the line in the fridge and everything was back to normal. At least now I felt like I could begin the process of unpacking the rest of our stuff.


No comments:
Post a Comment