Friday, October 15, 2010

Pumpkin Patch Day

Here we are again, our annual pumpkin patch day.  This year Dan’s sister Tammy, her husband Adam and their kids Grace and Ava were down visiting us, so they came along.  There were a bunch of different kinds of pumpkins this year.  Apparently this is the first year that the grandkids who took over the business have had to buy seeds, so they decided to try some different varieties this year.  I’m so glad that they did.  We were able to pick up a bunch of tiny pumpkins and some cinderella pumpkins as well (those are the green pumpkins in the pictures).  Even with all of these pumpkins, we didn’t go over our usual price of under $30.00.  Actually this time I think we came in under $25.00.

Cute Ace in the pumpkin patch.  I didn’t even stage this picture either, those pumpkins were already there just like that.

Ace in the Pumpkin Patch Ace standing at a pumpkin

Ace with our stash in the back of the van.  It wasn’t a great picture but I just had to include it here because there were sooooo many pumpkins.

Ace sitting with our pumpkin haul

Tammy and Ava with one of their pumpkins.  Tammy is pregnant with their third baby, we don’t know the sex, and she is Due January 1, 2011.  We are so excited to have another cousin for the kids.

Tammy and Ava with Pumpkins 

Ace and Uncle Adam.

Ace and Adam  Ace in the Van at Pumpkin Patch  

Ava making  an attempt at picking up  a huge pumpkin.

Ava picking up a pumpkin 

Grace with some pumpkins.

Grace with Pumpkins

Letty and Grace with some little pumpkins.

Grace and Letty with Pumpkins

Jacyn with her little pumpkins.

  Jacyn with Pumpkins

Here’s how I set up all of our pumpkins on our front porch.

Our Pumpkin Haul at home Pumpkins 1 Pumpkins 2

One of my favorite parts of being able to pick our own pumpkins from the patch is getting these great stems and vines on the top of the pumpkins.

Pumpkins 3 Pumpkins 4

Here’s a few pictures of my feeble attempt at decorating the inside of the house. 

Some cool looking gourds that I found at a little shop in Santa Clara during Swiss Days.

Gourds in the Kitchen

My new sparkly skeleton, bought last year at an after Halloween sale for really cheap, sitting on top of our new ceramic pumpkin that used to be my Grandma Leila’s.

Sparkle Skeleton on Pumpkin

I love Halloween.  I can’t wait to get the kids’ costumes all finished and get their pictures on here.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Love that first pic of Ace.