Sunday, October 10, 2010

Our Hike at Red Cliffs

We decided to take a hike  and picnic at Red Cliffs.  This was the first time we had ever done this hike before, so  there were a few challenges.  I sure am glad that I had my handy dandy carrier for Ace.

On the way up the trail the kids did some climbing on the rocks and I took their pictures.

Kids on Rocks at Red Cliffs

 Thomas on Rocks at Red Cliffs Letty on Rocks at Red CliffsJacyn on Rocks at Red CliffsAce on Mommy's Back

Here’s Dan and Ace at the end of our hike.  We were at the top of a cliff and we ate lunch there.

Ace and Daddy at Red Cliffs 

On our way out I saw this cute little frog jumping around, so I caught it and gave it to Thomas.  He wanted to take it home, but we knew we didn’t have anywhere for it to live yet, so he decided to let it go.  It was so cute.

IMG_3653  

Look at those adorable eyes!

Little Frog

Here’s the part of the hike that we really had no idea was there.   The kids did surprisingly well on this part too.  You had to hold onto this rope and then use the little footholds to walk around the side of the cliff so you didn’t fall into the water.  This was on the way back.  It sure made for a good picture.

Red Cliffs Rope HikeIMG_3657

I decided to let Dan carry the baby on the way back, since climbing around this rock did scare me a little bit with a baby on my back. 

We sure had a fun day.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

We'll have to try that hike sometime.