Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Oreo Balls

I saw these Oreo Balls on a blog the other day and knew I had to make them.  We got Boo’d the other day and I thought these would be something fun to make for our turn to boo someone.  Just in case you haven’t heard of Booing before, here is what it is all about.  We got a note that said: “The air is cool, the season fall, soon Halloween will come to all.  Ghosts and goblins, spooks galore… tricky witches at your door.  The spooks are after things to do, in fact a spook brought this “Boo” to you!  The excitement comes when friends like you, copy this note and make it two.  We’ll all have smiles upon our faces, no one will know who “Boo”ed who’s places!  Make sure you hang this Boo on your front door, so the spooks will bother you no more!  Just two short days to work your spell, leave your treats on the doorstep, then knock and hide well!  Please join in the fun, the seasons here.  Just spread these “Boo’s” and Halloween cheer.”   We also got a second paper that just has the words BOO on it, to put up in our window.  The people I used to work with at a law firm did this every Halloween and it was so much fun.  I was so excited to be able to participate in a neighborhood Booing.  So, I made these Oreo Balls:

 Pumpkin Oreo Balls Pumpkin Oreo Balls Close up

This bottom picture is the best looking one of the bunch.  I don’t know how they get them all to come out so smooth every time.  But they still look cute.  After I ran out of the orange candy melts I used Almond Bark for the others and then put some candy corns on top for a little Halloween look.  They are so yummy, I am having a hard time keeping Jacyn out of them.  I am also donating a dozen or so to the bake sale at Fall Carnival at the kids’ elementary school tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Macey at Olivia Renn said...

I wasn't sure how to get a hold of you, so I hope this works...You are the Winner of the Urban Walls Giveaway over at Olivia Renn. Shoot me an email with you name and address and we'll get you prize mailed to you. Thanks for entering!