Sunday, October 31, 2010

4 Wheeling and a Patch of Grass

My dad had the weekend off of Halloween so he decided to come down and join my mom and bring their 4 wheeler and have some fun.  We drove around the corner from our house about 5 minutes and let the kids ride around and we had a great time.

Thomas Daddy, Jacyn and Letty on 4wheelers Letty on 4wheeler Mom and Jacyn on 4wheeler Thomas on 4wheeler

Jacyn was having fun jumping off the tailgate of the truck.  It was so funny that I had to get pictures of her doing it.  Here she is climbing up, all by herself.

Jacyn climbing on truck closeup Jacyn climbing on truck

Getting ready…..

Jacyn getting ready to jump off truck

And away she goes.

 Jacyn jumping off truckJacyn jumping off truck 1

When we got home my friend pulled up and told us that they had approximately 200-300 square feet of sod left over from their landscaping and she asked us if we wanted it.  I immediately thought “YES”, but I also knew that Dan was going to be the person who was going to have to go and get it and lay it down, so after talking with my dad they decided that yes, we did want it.  So, my dad and Dan drove over to her house and picked up the sod and came home and layed it down in our backyard. 

Dan and Papa laying grass

Jacyn trying to help by kicking the rolled up sod.  It didn’t go anywhere, but it sure was funny to watch.

Jacyn helping lay grass

Ace liked the sod as well.  He was everywhere.

Laying grass

He even decided to eat a little dirt while he was at it.  He so dang cute, I just can’t stand it.

Daddy and Ace with muddy face  

Our little spot of grass makes such a big difference in the backyard when you are sitting on the patio enjoying the beautiful weather.  I love it so much.

2 comments:

Tammy Anderson said...

I bet the grass makes a nice little place for the kids in the back yard. You can't beat free!

Heidi said...

Yeah! Grass!