Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween

This year Halloween started out with a Truck or Treat put on by our Ward.  It’s kinda funny, ‘cause we haven’t even made it to church yet since moving, but we went to the Truck or Treat anyway. 

I was finally able to dress my kids up as The Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf (in sheep’s clothing).  I’ve always wanted to be able to dress my kids up this way and now that I have four kids it was the perfect time.  Not to mention the fact that this is the last time I’ll probably ever get to dictate to my older children what they are going to be for Halloween.  In the beginning I got a little strife from Letty because she wanted to be a princess or ballerina, so we let her put on a tutu, a bow on her ear and laced ribbons up her legs so she was the “ballerina pig” who made her house of straws (we made her a bucket covered in straws).  Jacyn is wearing a crown and she was the “princess pig” who made her house of pumpkins.  Ace had a mortar board on the top of his head because he was the “smart” pig who made his house out of bricks (we took a paper bag and painted it to look like bricks).  Thomas was the Big Bad Wolf (in sheep’s clothing), which came about because my mom had a bunch of the fabric that looks like sheep fur and a little fabric that would work for the wolf’s head, hands and feet.  My mom also had all the fabric for the pig costumes, so it didn’t cost anything to make the kids their costumes this year.  LOVE IT!

Kids at Halloween Truck or Treat

I also got their picture taken professionally this year at a place called Smile Creations.  The pictures turned out so cute.  This is my favorite pose.  I love, love, love Thomas’s face and all the piggies smiling.  Sooooo adorable!

Halloween 2010

Back to the Truck or Treat…..  My mom and I decided to dress up.  So we just threw something together that I already had in my Halloween boxes.  My mom made a great Witch.  She even put some green make up on her face and added some black moles.   I wore Dan’s old Hefty Smurf costume that he wore 9 years ago when we both dressed up as Smurfs.  When Dan got home from work and saw that we were dressed up he decided to put on a suit and say he was dressed up as a Politician.  It was a lot of fun and we had a great time meeting new people and talking with our neighbors.

Grandma at Truck or TreatMom at Truck or Treat Daddy and Ace at Truck or Treat

Halloween fell on a Sunday this year, so it was celebrated on Saturday.  My mom and I made the kids a Pumpkin Pizza and Jello “worms” for dinner.  They loved it!

Halloween DinnerWorms on a PlateThomas eating a worm

After dinner we took the kids around the corner from our house to a local farm that does a corn maze.  Papa and the kids decided to walk while Dan, Grandma, Ace and I drove in the van.  When they saw us coming they started running, because they wanted to beat us there.  I love that all of them are in mid-air in this picture.

Kids and Papa running to Corn Maze

Here we are on our little ride over to the maze from the farm.

Grandma, Mom and Ace on tractor ride to corn mazeKids, Daddy and Papa on tractor ride to corn mazeLetty and Grandma at Corn Maze    

Letty climbed to the top of all of the bales of hay all by herself.

Letty and Daddy on Hay Bales

My handsome husband.

Dan on Hay BalesThomas and Letty on Hay BalesThomas on Hay Bales

Jacyn was pretty worn out towards the end.  She fell asleep in Papa’s arms.

Jacyn asleep on Papa   Jacyn asleep on Papa 2 

Along with Ace.

Mom and sleeping Ace at Corn Maze    

After the corn maze we took the kids home to change into their costumes and went trick or treating.  They didn’t get the bucket loads of  candy that they got last year, but that’s because we only went trick or treating in our new little neighborhood.  Next year there will be a lot more houses to go to since they are in the midst of building Phase 2 of our subdivision right now.  So, until next Halloween.  I can’t wait!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

The costumes turned out so cute!