Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy April Fools Day!

This morning I woke up to find that the Cocoa Puffs cereal had been switched to the box of Banana Nut Cheerios and vice versa. It was so funny and cute. If Thomas hadn't been talking about doing that for the entire day yesterday, I wouldn't have known it was him. That's a great April Fools joke though.

After watching Studio 5 this morning I got a great idea for dessert tonight. I then did a search online for April Fools Dinners and found the idea for dinner. I made these "cupcakes" for dinner. They are actually mini meatloaves inside cupcake shells with colored mashed potatoes for "frosting." It was a great hit. The kids saw me making them, so they knew what they were before we ate them, but they loved it anyway. When Dan walked in the door, we told him that we were having cupcakes for dinner and he got this confused look on his face, then he took a look at the cupcakes and said, "Mashed Potatoes." Booger!


Then I made "Spaghetti and Meatballs" for dessert. These are actual cupcakes with frosting spread out of a tiny snipped corner of a ziplock bag and then I used Lindor Truffles for the meatballs and sugar free jam for pasta sauce and then I grated white chocolate over everything for parmesan cheese. If Dan hadn't seen the box for the white chocolate he would have thought that it was actual cheese that I had just grated on there. I'm not very sneeky I guess. As you can see from Jacyn's face, she loved dessert.

I hope you all had a great April Fools Day. We sure did!

4 comments:

Tammy Anderson said...

That looks like a great dinner! I wish I had thought of fun stuff like that. I only changed the preset radio stations in Adam's truck. He was to the freeway before he realized what actually happened.

Amberdawn said...

That is a cute idea. The meatloaf cupcake looks moldy in the picture. Gross! I didn't do anything. I'm a boring mother. Next year I'm gonna copy your idea!

Heidi said...

That looks like fun! You did a great job on your new blog design.

Thanks for shopping with me today.

Matt and Julie's Family Page said...

You're so creative. I'm tired just thinking about the hard work you put into your dinner. You're a good mom making great memories for your kids. I like the new blog design!