Sunday, April 26, 2009

Rock Climbing at the Park

Letty wanted to show Daddy how she could do the monkey bars at a park, so we drove around and the only park we could find with monkey bars was too crowded with people. The kids agreed to go to Slickrock Park, a park with no play equipment but two big man-made rocks with climbing hand holds in them. It's a fun place to climb around and the kids love it. So Letty will have to wait for another day to show Daddy the monkey bars.

Thomas was so afraid to go farther than 5 feet up the rock climbing wall at his school carnival. But, when we were at this climbing rock and Daddy was was there he was nearly fearless while climbing to the top. He was even attached to a harness at the school and this time it was free climbing. I guess having Daddy there to encourage him is all he needed.

Everyone at the top of the rock.

I love to take pictures of flowers and wildlife. The kids found this flowering cactus while they were hiking up a little hill, so I had to go up there and take some pictures. It's so pretty. Then on our way down I decided to take a picture of the yellow wildflower and then Thomas saw the ladybug on the stem.


1 comment:

Heidi said...

Oh, we love that park. We haven't been there in a while. We'll have to go. Nice pictures.