Ok, so I'm finally getting to posting the rest of our pictures from our trip to Disneyland and San Diego. Here are the pics and corresponding story to our San Diego trip.


We decided to check out a local aquarium. These were some statues that they had out front of some whales. I liked how this picture turned out with the sun behind the whales.


The kids really enjoyed seeing all the different fish and we even got to touch some star fish and sea cucumbers.

This is a shark cage that they had on display.


We went to this place called Seal Rock because there is supposed to be a bunch of seals. I guess I didn't really think there would be so many, but there were. I didn't get a picture of all the seals because on the other side of a big rocky area there was this mother seal and her new baby. It was so adorable.
The mother seal came within 10 feet of me trying to get up onto the rock ledge there to be able to nurse her baby. On our way to the car I talked to a lifeguard/ranger guy about the seals and he told me that there was a baby born just that morning. He said they are white when they are first born and I think that this baby must be the one that was just born that morning because it was the smallest baby there and the whitest. How cool is that. We got to see a newborn seal with it's mama, kissing her and nursing. WOW!


Our hotel was so awesome. They had this little area where you could feed fish and sharks. It was really cool.

There were these little ponds all over the resort and tons of ducks. They sold fish food and duck food. The kids had so much fun feeding the ducks. They would eat the food right out of your hand.

On our drive down to San Diego we saw this crazy limo. I just had to take a picture of it. It's crazy.
Then we stopped by the beach and just watched the waves a little bit.


We decided to check out a local aquarium. These were some statues that they had out front of some whales. I liked how this picture turned out with the sun behind the whales.

Thomas has this new thing he likes to do with his hands, making them into glasses. He's so funny.

The kids really enjoyed seeing all the different fish and we even got to touch some star fish and sea cucumbers.

This is a shark cage that they had on display.


We went to this place called Seal Rock because there is supposed to be a bunch of seals. I guess I didn't really think there would be so many, but there were. I didn't get a picture of all the seals because on the other side of a big rocky area there was this mother seal and her new baby. It was so adorable.

The mother seal came within 10 feet of me trying to get up onto the rock ledge there to be able to nurse her baby. On our way to the car I talked to a lifeguard/ranger guy about the seals and he told me that there was a baby born just that morning. He said they are white when they are first born and I think that this baby must be the one that was just born that morning because it was the smallest baby there and the whitest. How cool is that. We got to see a newborn seal with it's mama, kissing her and nursing. WOW!

We had fun getting our feet "stuck" in the sand on the beach. It was a little chilly, as you can tell from the picture of Letty, but we had fun nonetheless.
I thought it was awesome that I got this picture of Thomas mid-air jumping over a wave.

Our hotel was so awesome. They had this little area where you could feed fish and sharks. It was really cool.

There were these little ponds all over the resort and tons of ducks. They sold fish food and duck food. The kids had so much fun feeding the ducks. They would eat the food right out of your hand.


On our last night there was what looked to be a full moon. I knew I wanted to get a picture of the San Diego Temple, because it is so beautiful, so it was a perfect time to do that.


On our last day in San Diego we went to the USS Midway Museum. It's an actual aircraft carrier that they've turned into a museum. This statue was just to the side of the museum, it's really big.

Some pictures of Letty and Thomas in helecopters and airplanes.


Thomas and Letty in the Brig.


Some pictures of Letty and Thomas in helecopters and airplanes.

Thomas and Letty in the Brig.
It took us well over 4 hours to go through this entire aircraft carrier and it could have taken even longer. It's amazing how HUGE those ships are and everything that is inside of them. They had a mobile audio player with headphones that you could listen to different things about the ship and hear from actual military men who served on this ship. It was really interesting to learn about the workings of an aircraft carrier. It made me think of both of grandfathers who were in the Navy. I definitely have a new respect for them and what they went through during the War.
This post would have been much longer with more information about our resort and everything else, but since it took me so long to post about it, I've either forgotten or am too tired to write about it all. We had a great trip and I actually miss the ocean. I don't think I got enough of the ocean while we were there.










2 comments:
I really love the picture of Thomas and Dan walking towards the water. Looks like a fun trip!
It looks like San Diego was fun! I can't wait to go back to the ocean either. Love the pictures!
Post a Comment