Monday, March 16, 2009

Disneyland, Day 3

Today we got to play at Disneyland with Dan's Dad, Steve. It was fun to have him there with us and the kids loved it. We decided to start off in Critter Country, hoping to get to see Winnie the Pooh and/or his friends. Dan and Steve took the kids on Splash Mountain and I took pictures of Jacyn with Winnie the Pooh's Honey Pot display.

Despite the look on Letty's face in the picture, she said she loved the ride.

After they got off the ride I took some pictures of Dan, his dad and the kids with the honey pots.

We decided to check out Tom Sawyers Island and the kids had a lot of fun running around and checking out this pirate treasure.

On the way back to see if Pooh had shown up, we ran into Briar Bear. It was so cute how he put the autograph book on Letty's head to sign it, she thought it was hilarious.

Then we were lucky enough to see Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore.
While we were in one of the stores Jacyn was liking the Eeyore stuffed animals, so Thomas and Letty proceeded to surround her with them. We did end up buying Jacyn one of the bigger Eeyore's and she loves to cuddle with him.

On our way out of that area we saw Woody and Jesse from Toy Story.

We decided to head over to California Adventure and on our way there we saw a little show they were putting on at the fire station at the entrance of Disneyland. We also saw Donald Duck, but we were too late and the line was closed, so we weren't able to get his autograph or picture. But we did see Cruella Deville in the show and afterward she gave us her autograph and we got her picture with Letty.
Then Chip and Dale came out and did a little dance and Letty was able to dance with Chip. It was so cute.

We were so lucky to run into so many characters. Right at the entrance of Disneyland we saw Cinderella, Belle and Aurora (Sleeping Beauty). Since Sleeping Beauty was the only one of those three that we hadn't seen already we caught up with her as she was walking away and got her picture and signature. The only princess that we didn't get to see was Snow White.

While at California Adventure Steve and I went on the Tower of Terror, it was so much fun. The picture didn't turn out well enough to even post though. Steve took the kids on Soarin' over California and they absolutely love that. Dan and I went on California Screamin'. I'm showing off my new ring that Dan bought me for our anniversary, in that picture. It's a huge blue topaz, my birthstone. I've always wanted an outrageously huge blue topaz ring and so that's what he bought me. It was so awesome. I love it. I'll have to take a picture of it and post it here later.

Then Dan went again with his dad.

We had such a great time at Disneyland with Dan's dad.
The next day we checked out of our hotel and headed down to San Diego. By the time we got there and checked into our hotel it was too late to do anything with Steve, because he was leaving that night and he needed to drive back up to Los Angeles to catch his flight. Our hotel had fire pits that you could roast marshmallows on and they also had fire pits on the beach where you could make your own fire. Dan and the kids tried to make it over to the already burning fire pits in the resort, but they were too late and they had already been turned off. On the walk back to our room they ran into some staff there at the resort and apparently the guy felt so bad for the kids that he went to the resort's gift shop and brought us back some wood and smore's making supplies. Dan was able to make a fire in a firepit right outside our room on the beach and made smore's with the kids.

2 comments:

All for J's said...

I enjoyed reading your vacation posts. All of your pictures are really cute! What an incredible experience for your family. I'm glad you had such a great time.

Matt and Julie's Family Page said...

I love your blog! I enjoy reading about your family... and the pictures are all so cute. I like being able to keep up with you through your blog! Your kids are going to have the best memories from this fun trip.

Keep up the good work!