Sunday, March 1, 2009

All packed and ready to GO!

Well, we packed the van up tonight, everything except Jacyn's clothes because she fell asleep before I could get her stuff all packed. I know it sounds a little crazy to have the van all packed up for a vacation that doesn't start until Wednesday morning, but we did have a good reason. Tomorrow evening Dan is flying to Arizona for a Management Seminar for Red Robin and he won't get back until Wednesday morning. The kids and I will be picking him up from the Las Vegas airport and we will head to Disneyland from there. I didn't want to have to pack the van by myself, so we decided we had better get it done today, especially since it was Dan's day off.

Friday night my friend/neighbor Tricia had a goodbye party for her girls, they are moving to Salt Lake and will be gone by the time we get back from our trip. We are all so sad about it. Tricia and I have become such great friends, I don't know what I'm going to do with out her. It also helped that she was right next door and I could just walk to her house and hang out. Plus her girls and my kids have great fun together. Her daughter Brianna is in the same grade as Thomas, they were in the same Kindergarten class together. That's actually how Tricia and I first met. Her oldest Tessa has fun with everyone and her youngest Kayla, who just turned 3, is hilarious. She's always saying "I be nice to Jacyn." Apparently for the past month or so she's been asking to play with Jacyn and saying that, because she's always "not nice" to Jacyn. She mostly has a hard time sharing her stuff. Every time Jacyn is over at their house she will pick some toy up or something and Kayla will pull it away from her or push her or something and sometimes Jacyn ends up sad or crying. But I have to say that Kayla has been getting so much better. She's actually been letting Jacyn play with some of her toys and she's been much nicer to her. Of course this would happen right before they move away. We are all going to miss them terribly. So, the other good reason to get everything packed early is so we can spend as much time with them as possible before we leave and they move away, forever. :( I'm so sad (boo, hoo).

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I'm sorry your good friend is moving away. It's so nice to have a close friend right around the corner. Hmm, I think mine moved away several months ago. Let me think . . . Who was that? . . . Hmm. Maybe . . . You!

Now we'll have to get together more often.