Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving!

This year was supposed to be a Thanksgiving that consisted of my parents and us getting together at our house, as usual, to enjoy the holiday.  But that didn’t end up happening this year.  My dad had to work the days before and after Thanksgiving, so they stayed home and I made Thanksgiving dinner all by myself for just our little family.  I was pretty bummed that we weren’t going to get to celebrate with my parents and I almost let myself feel so bad that I didn’t want to cook anything either.  Luckily I snapped out of it and, according to Dan, ended up making the best Thanksgiving dinner he’s ever had.  I have to say, I liked it a lot too.  Ace even got to eat most of the dinner as well, which was fun.  Everything I made turned out perfectly.  The turkey was so moist and flavorful, it was still moist for days afterward (how does that happen?).  The pies turned out great too.  Here are the two  pictures from the day that I got around to taking.  It’s hard to make an entire Thanksgiving dinner and take pictures of everything.

 Thanksgiving Dinner

I was pretty proud of my Butterscotch Pie this year.  It set up perfectly and tasted wonderful.Butterscotch Pie

No comments: