Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sun and Snow

It was beautiful, warm and sunny weather after Christmas, as can be seen in this picture that I took of Ace on our back patio.

Ace outside on blanket

Then in the middle of the night I noticed something outside a little strange.  Was that snow that I saw falling?  Why, yes, it was, it was SNOW!  For the last four years that we’ve lived here we’ve gotten snow maybe once a year, except last year I don’t think we got any snow.  So when it snows it’s an exciting event.  I took a picture from the front yard and the back yard.  Then I couldn’t help myself, I had to tell the kids.  It was the middle of the night, like midnight, but I wasn’t sure if there would actually be snow in the morning, so I just had to tell them.  I first went to Thomas’s room.  He was so out that I couldn’t even wake him up, I even tried shaking him, but he was too asleep.  Then I went to Letty’s room and all I had to do to her was whisper in her ear that it was snowing and she bolted out of bed to look out the window.  She was very excited, but was able to go right back to sleep.

 Snow in the front Snow out back

Luckily, some of the snow had stuck around and the kids were able to play in it a little bit.

Jacyn in the snow

Finally, here’s a cute picture that I got of Ace in my mom’s lap asleep.

Ace asleep on Grandma

No comments: