Sunday, July 25, 2010

24th of July Weekend

I tried to put off dealing with this post, but I can't do it any longer. This weekend was supposed to be filled with only laughter and fun, birthdays and playing in the sun. It started out that way, the girls did their little fashion show for my parents and sister.

We made a yummy dinner and Thomas even fed Ace.

Then the unexpected happened. While we were on our way down the street to pick up the kids from a neighbors house, at around 10:00 p.m., Bella ran right in front of a car and was hit and killed. My mom, my sister and I were both there and saw everything. Well, actually, I turned and looked away right when it happened so I wouldn't have to see anything. My sister ran into the road and picked up her lifeless body and was able to hold her while she took her last breaths. I, on the other hand, completely lost control. I literally went hysterical. I could not stop screaming and bawling. It was the hardest thing I think I've ever had to deal with, beside losing my 10 year old dog Harley the same way. I've come to terms with not having her around anymore and we all definitely feel a great loss of her presence in our house. Bella, you were a wonderful gift to our family and we will always miss you, you were such a sweet dog. I love you sweet, sweet dog. This is one of the last pictures that I took of Bella before I tried my hand at cutting her hair.

The next day we went swimming at Quail Lake with my parents. We had a lot of fun. Ace loved swimming in the water too.

My sister took all of these pictures with her awesome camera. She really got some good shots of our happy little baby boy. He sure loves his siblings.

July 23rd was Jacyn's 3rd Birthday. When we asked her what kind of cake she wanted she said cherry. We substituted strawberries and she loved it. My sister brought the kids a Happy Birthday plate to eat off of for their birthdays.

Jacyn blowing out her candle.

On Thomas's birthday we went to Red Robin. Here's me and my sister and my kids before we went out.

Here's my mom feeding Ace some whipping cream off the top of Thomas's birthday sundae from Red Robin.

Ace and my mom are so cute together.

My family sure knows how to get my smiley boy to give his biggest grins.

When we got home I guess Jacyn was pulling funny faces, which isn't that usual for her.

So, my dad decided to make the same face she was making, so she could see what she looked like. It was so funny.

Other than the tragedy of losing Bella, we had a wonderful time with my parents and my sister. They brought tons of presents for the kids and my parents even brought a present for the family, a really cool ceiling fan for the playroom upstairs. We absolutely love it.


2 comments:

Tammy Anderson said...

We are so sorry to hear about Bella. What a horrible loss for you.

I'm glad that Jacyn and Thomas had nice birthdays! What cute kids you have!

Heidi said...

I'm so sorry about Bella.

Happy Birthday to Jacyn and Thomas. The strawberry cake looked like it was covered in little hearts!

So cute!