Sunday, August 22, 2010

August all wrapped up....almost

It's not quite the end of August yet, but since I haven't posted anything for the month of August, I figured I would do it all at once. It's almost the end of August anyway, so here goes....
We started out the month by going camping with some new friends. Dan had to work most of the weekend, so he was only there for the mornings, but I know he still had a good time, and so did we. We went to Kolob Reservoir. It was our first time camping there and it was awesome. Even though the weather wasn't so cooperative, it rained most of the time, it was still a great place to be.





Two of the dads took all of the kids in the canoe and raft and paddled over to a little island in the lake. It was the cutest thing to watch all those little kids having such a fun time on that ride. The entire way there and back they were singing "Row, Row, Row your boat", it was adorable.


Thomas even took Jacyn for her own privat ride.


Because of the rain, we were able to see a few rainbows too.


Here's a picture of our campground. This view is from the edge of the water.


This was what the weather was like for about two hours on our last day, after everyone had packed up (in the rain) and left. It was beautiful.



On our way out of the area Thomas saw this sign. We just thought it was fitting to take a picture.


I had a ton of laundry to do when we got home. Here's Jacyn helping me take the clean clothes out of the dryer. It's much easier this way.


We also went to the splash pad park. My mom made this suit for Letty, but it never quite fit her, but it sure fits Jacyn. She looks so cute. I was trying to get her to pose, but these were the best shots I could get.



The water at the splash pad wasn't working at the first park we went to, so on the way home I stopped at another park and let the kids play in the water. Thomas decided he wanted to climb to the top of this huge tractor. He's quite the climber.


Ace has started eating whatever we eat. I usually blend it up so it's smooth, but this day Daddy fed him some whole noodles and he did a great job. He's eating Macaroni and Cheese. Such a big boy.


The kids started school on August 11th. Thomas is in 3rd Grade and Letty is in 1st Grade. They grow up so quickly. I'm so lucky to have kids that love school. They both really like their teachers and can't wait to run to the bus stop every morning.



That same week was the County Fair.


Thomas and Letty both competed in an ice cream eating contest. Letty's group had to eat two ice cream sandwiches and Thomas' group had to eat three. They didn't win, but it was fun to see them try to eat those sandwiches as fast as they could.

Ace even fell asleep on Thomas' shoulder.

Even though the rides are completely overpriced, we did let the kids go on a few. They all went on the Merry Go Round.

Then Jacyn said she wanted to go on this caterpillar rollercoaster. I wasn't sure about it, but she really wanted to go. Here's a picture of her before the ride started, so excited.

Then......not so exciting anymore.

The nice guy operating the ride stopped it and let Jacyn get off and gave us back her tickets. She had to get a big hug from Daddy to make it all better.

Here we go, this ride is much better. A happy girl once again.

Thomas and Letty decided they wanted to go down the giant slide. Since it was so dark outside I wasn't able to get any decent pictures, but they loved it.
Jacyn decided to put on make up. If it weren't for her hands, she looks like she could be a "real" supermodel. Ha, ha.

I made the girls new matching outfits.

Ace has decided that he wants to try and crawl. He hasn't quite figured out how to move his legs while in this position, but he's getting the set up right.

We also got a new dog. His name is Rocky. He's 6.5 years old. His birthday is January 1, 2004, so he and Letty are only a few months apart in age. He's a Schnoodle (Schnauzer/Poodle). He's so cute and fun. He's great with the kids and loves to snuggle.

While I took the girls and the baby to pick up our new dog, Dan and Thomas went on a hike, a 7+ mile hike. Dan wasn't sure if Thomas would actually be able to finish, but Thomas surprised us both and toughed it out and completed the hike. Here's Thomas pointing to where they were hiking to, Signal Peak.


The top of that hill is Signal Peak.

And here's the view from the top of the mountain. I am so impressed with Thomas for making such a huge hike. They could see everywhere from up so high.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I can't believe how big Ace is getting! He's such a big boy.

Tammy Anderson said...

I miss you guys! It looks like your having a fun time!