Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

We didn't actually have this pizza tonight for dinner, but we did have it last week and I just thought it was fitting to post the picture of it here. I made soup for dinner tonight and bought bread bowls for us to eat it in. Thomas thought it was really cool that we could eat soup out of a bowl that could be eaten afterward as well.

I absolutely LOVE Halloween. It is my favorite holiday. I just love dressing up and everything glow-in-the-dark. This year is the first time that I've been this pregnant. I found this perfect shirt and I love it so much. I got this awesome spider necklace from my sister and it just works out perfectly to finish my outfit. I had Letty take this picture of me.

This year Jacyn had two costumes. She wore this Saloon Girl costume for a few outings, but it wasn't as warm for her to wear for trick or treating. My mom made this costume for Letty when she was only 1-1/2 years old. Jacyn is over 2 years old and the skirt was a little short for her so I added another ruffle to the bottom of the dress. She loves this costume (if you can't tell from her huge smile) and she looks so adorable in it.

Letty decided that she wanted to be a pink flower for Halloween, so I made her this petal hat and the tutu for leaves and on her shoulders. I was able to find the body suit at a thrift store. She looks so cute.

Thomas wanted to be Mario. They actually sell a Mario costume at the store for anywhere from $20.00 to $30.00, but I was able to make this costume for Thomas for around $5.00. The only thing that we bought for his costume was the wig, mustache, gloves and shirt (which I bought at a thrift store). I'm pretty proud of this costume. I really think the wig makes the costume. He looks like a totally different kid with dark hair.

Here are the kids right before we left to go trick or treating. I decided to have Jacyn wear this little pink poodle costume because it was a lot warmer for her. We never were able to get the right stuff to keep Thomas' mustache on, so I just drew one on him with some make-up. I was amazed at how many Mario costumes there were out there. When Thomas told me he wanted to be Mario I didn't know that they were going to be selling them in the stores. There was one other Mario at his school and wouldn't you know it would have to be a boy in his same class. But I have to say that my home-made costume looked a lot better than the cheap store bought costumes. The kids ended up with a lot of candy and when we got home from trick or treating Jacyn was walking around the house singing some song about candy, "Candy, Candy, Candy". It was so dang cute.

Here are pictures of our pumpkins this year. As usual, I did the carving of these first two pumpkins.

Thomas really wanted a Mario pumpkin, so I searched the internet and found a pattern for this Mario and I think it turned out pretty good.

This is a picture of the pumpkins that Thomas and Letty carved all by themselves. Thomas' is on the left and Letty's is on the right. The sun did a little damage to Thomas' pumpkin, but it still looked cute. Letty put tape on her pumpkin today and told me that it was a headband.

Overall Halloween was a great success this year, as it is every year. Now I can just look forward to next year, when I will be able to dress up an adorable little 8-1/2 month old baby. Yay! I wonder what we will be?

3 comments:

Megan said...

they look great! I love Thomas and Letty's costumes, especially. Homemade costumes are always so much cuter! Good job!

Heidi said...

Great job on the costumes. Love your shirt! I didn't even recognize Thomas!

Tammy Anderson said...

The costumes look way cute! You did a great job! I like your shirt too!