Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Here are a few pictures of the kids being cute and silly at breakfast on Thanksgiving morning.


Every Thanksgiving since I was a little girl my family has always gone out skeet shooting. It all started at my grandparent's house. They owned 10 acres of land and we would go out in their backyard and take turns shooting skeet and having little contests. My immediate family hasn't giving up that tradition and we still go out every year and shoot the guns. My dad usually wins every year, but it's fun to see who will come in second place. This year it was Dan. He's gotten very good at shooting the gun. There was one thing that happened this year to me that was exciting and unusual....I shot a skeet and it just turned into dust like a poof of smoke and disappeared. I don't think I've ever seen that happen before. It was very exciting. So, even though I didn't hit 5 out of 5 shots, and only hit 3 out of 5 shots, that one shot made it the best ever. Here are a few pictures of our outing the morning of Thanksgiving.

My mom.

Jacyn having fun in the dirt, playing with sticks.

Letty posing the back of the truck.

My one and only belly picture.

A great picture of my belly and of the wad coming out of the gun when I shot.

Me and Dan shooting skeet.

Thomas learning how to shoot the 22. He got really good at it.

These next two pictures are of the skeet that Thomas shot with the 22. The first one was the first time he hit the skeet and then he hit it again and shot out the entire center of the skeet.

The day after Thanksgiving Jacyn found some make up and decided that she needed to put it on. When she sees this picture she says "scary."


Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of our awesome turkey or pies. I keep forgetting to pull out the camera. We had a great dinner with my parents and ate lots of food. It was a wonderful holiday.

No comments: