Sunday, October 11, 2009

Exploration Day

Every now and then we decide to jump in the truck and just drive. We like to take dirt roads and see where they end up and what we can find along the way. This day was the perfect example of us finding things that we didn't know were here. We first ran into this old fort that the pioneers had built to protect a spring from the indians. It was really cool and a great place for pictures.




Then we found this spot that had dinosaur tracks. Here is a picture of the sign that they have there, showing what dinosaurs they believe the tracks are to be from.

Here's the smaller dinosaur's prints.

I took a picture of my foot next to the print so it would show something to compare it to.

Here's the large dinosaur print.

And my foot in comparison.

As we were leaving there was this little lizard running around and I just thought I would try out the zoom on my camera. It worked out perfectly. This tiny lizard was at least 20 feet away and I was able to zoom up and get this great picture.

1 comment:

Tammy Anderson said...

It looks like you had a fun adventure!