Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Worn Out!

After some hard playing all afternoon then doing his homework, we asked Thomas to do his reading for the night. He read for about 20 minutes or so and then it got very quiet. I called into the kitchen to him to see if he was done reading and there was no response. I had a feeling that he was asleep and so Letty checked and this is what she saw.....

Poor guy, he was so tired that he fell asleep while he was reading Horton Hears a Who. On the topic of reading, today was Thomas's SEP at school. I'm not really sure what SEP stands for, but it's when I go to the school and meet with his teacher and she goes over how he's been doing, shows me his progress and we talk about any problems he might be having. I found out today that Thomas is in an accelerated reading group with 5 other kids from all of the 1st grade classes. He's also doing very well in math. His only issues are his behavior (apparently he's been hitting some of the kids) and his quality of work (he needs to work on his penmanship and sometimes he would rather talk than get his work done as quickly as he could). I'm pretty proud of him. I know we definitely need to figure out how to stop the hitting stuff, but the other things we can work on slowly. We are very lucky to have such a smart kid on our hands. We are so proud of you Thomas, keep up the great work!

3 comments:

Megan said...

what a cute boy! Hannah fell asleep reading the other night, too! So funny! SEP stands for Student Educational Plan, if I'm not mistaken. Good for him on his reading! I have Hannah's SEP today. Not worried about the academic part...but the behavioral part...I hope that comes back in the clear! You just never know how they are acting away from home!

Tammy Anderson said...

That is awsome how he is doing well with his reading and math. What a smart little kid. Let me know how the other stuff goes so I'll know how to handle it when my kids are in school.
We loved seeing you guys on Thurs/Fri. Thanks for letting us crash at your place on the way to Disney.

Heidi said...

You must be super busy getting things ready for the restaurant! I've never seen you go this long without blogging!