We had such a great Thanksgiving. My real dad, Ron Dad, came down the Saturday before Thanksgiving and stayed until the Sunday after. My mom came down Thanksgiving morning and stayed until the Monday after. Then Friday morning my step dad, Jeff, came down and surprised us and he stayed until Sunday morning. The turkey turned out great, very juicy. Letty wanted the leg, so here she is with the leg.


Here we all are at the table.



Here's my dad. If you couldn't tell, since we look so much alike.

We made a total of 5 pies. My mom made pecan and lemon and I made pumpkin and butterscotch cream. I ended up making two pumpkin pies because I didn't think the first one was going to turn out and I'm glad that I made that second pie. The first pie turned out, I guess, but it tasted gross. Thanks Martha Stewart. It was her recipe and it turned out so yucky. The second pumpkin pie recipe came from the back of the pumpkin can and it turned out awesome. Jacyn was having so much fun looking and pointing at the pies.
Here we are making whipping cream for the pies.

I almost forgot about our Turkey Day Countdown feathers. Every day during the month of November, leading up to Thanksgiving I asked the kids to tell me something they were thankful for. It was a little difficult in the beginning for them to really understand what they were supposed to come up with, but toward the end I think they got it. I started it off by saying what I was thankful for and I wrote them down on the first few days worth of feathers, so numbers 1-3 were from either me or Dan, but the rest the kids came up with themselves. Some of them are a little funny and were inspired by something that was happening that day, so enjoy.
Here we all are at the table.
Here's my dad. If you couldn't tell, since we look so much alike.
We made a total of 5 pies. My mom made pecan and lemon and I made pumpkin and butterscotch cream. I ended up making two pumpkin pies because I didn't think the first one was going to turn out and I'm glad that I made that second pie. The first pie turned out, I guess, but it tasted gross. Thanks Martha Stewart. It was her recipe and it turned out so yucky. The second pumpkin pie recipe came from the back of the pumpkin can and it turned out awesome. Jacyn was having so much fun looking and pointing at the pies.
Here we are making whipping cream for the pies.
I almost forgot about our Turkey Day Countdown feathers. Every day during the month of November, leading up to Thanksgiving I asked the kids to tell me something they were thankful for. It was a little difficult in the beginning for them to really understand what they were supposed to come up with, but toward the end I think they got it. I started it off by saying what I was thankful for and I wrote them down on the first few days worth of feathers, so numbers 1-3 were from either me or Dan, but the rest the kids came up with themselves. Some of them are a little funny and were inspired by something that was happening that day, so enjoy.
1. Life
2. Health
3. Family
4. Halloween
5. My big backyard
6. Mom and Dad
7. Froggy beach towels (this was Letty, she loves her beach towel with frogs on it that she got for her birthday from my cousins Jared and Laura).
8. Family (this was written by Thomas and Family is a good one, so we got Family twice).
9. Thomas (by Letty)
10. Hannah Montana (by Letty)
11. Daddy's yummy breakfast
12. Papa Ron
13. Thanksgiving
14. Computers
15. Flower and Penquiny (Letty's stuffed animals)
16. Coal (my parent's dog)
17. Papa (my "Jeff" dad)
18. Robo (a robot that Thomas recently got from a yard sale).
19. Baby Jacyn
20. Butterflies
21. Aunt Marin
22. School
23. Friends
24. Mama's yummy dinner
25. Earth (by Thomas)
26. Grandma
27. Mama's Juice (drinks that I make)
28. Home
29. Chia Pets (since they got one right before Thanksgiving
30. Lizard (spelled Lisrd (stuft anumuls.) (by Thomas)
Thomas drew a picture of his stuffed animal lizard on the back of this thankful feather and it was so cute that I had to take a picture of the feather and the actual lizard it was fashioned after. I realized after posting this picture that the "feather" is upside down. I keep getting it wrong because it looks like the feet are on the top of the lizard in the picture, but according to Thomas, the artist, this feather that I have posted is upside down. Sorry.


No comments:
Post a Comment