The kids and I drove to my parents' house last weekend and stayed until Monday afternoon. We had a great time. Saturday was my best friend's baby shower, the main reason we were up there in the first place. It was so much fun to see her and her big belly. You can really feel the baby in there too, her birth day is coming very quickly. We are all so excited.
She loved the gift that I made her, a decorated chipboard name sign like the one I made for Jacyn. Her baby girl's name is going to be Frankie.
We did a lot of Christmas shopping and I actually got all mine done for the kids. It feels great to be finished with their gifts. The kids played with Papa in the garage making things out of wood, then they played with Grandma and Aunt Marin decorating cigar boxes with Mod Podge and tear outs from magazines. They had a blast playing in the backyard with Grandma and Papa's toys. My dad tied a rope to the back of the little four wheeler and then to the car and they pulled the car around.
I ended up up having to borrow my friend's pack and play for Jacyn to sleep in because the first night I tried to have her sleep in the same bed as me and that was big mistake. She wanted to nurse all night. For some reason she thinks that if she is near me at night she is supposed to have my boob in her mouth. She ended up crying almost all night and I only got a few hours of sleep. Once I got the pack and play and put Jacyn to bed in it, she cried for about 30 minutes the first night and then slept all night long. The second night she cried for about 5 minutes then slept all night long. It was great. So, I have now learned that whenever we go anywhere overnight I have to take along our playpen for Jacyn to sleep in, what a lifesaver.


1 comment:
Aren't pack-n-plays a great invention? I'm glad you had a good time, and that you finally got to post a picture of your gift! It turned out so cute!
Post a Comment