Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Turkey Day Countdown

I found this great idea to count down to Halloween on another blog/website that I watch last month. I made a ghost that had 31 rings attached to it and every day the kids would take a ring off. This month that same site did a count down to turkey time, and so I made a turkey with feathers that we will take one off each day and we are going to write down something that we are thankful for on that feather and keep all the feathers to read through on Thanksgiving Day. This is such a great idea. Thanks Make and Takes for the great idea.
Here's a picture of our turkey. Thomas wrote the "happy Thanksgiving 2008" on it's belly, as well as drew the eyes. He also cut out a few of the feathers, until he got tired/bored then I did the rest.

2 comments:

Tammy Anderson said...

That is a very cute idea! I'll have to do something like that for my girls. Count down to Ava's birthday!

Brenda said...

This is a fun idea!