I haven't been adding much to the blog lately, mainly because we are moving and I really haven't had much to say. Dan gets back in town Thursday night and I'm really hoping that I will have all the little things moved already, so that all he has to help move is the furniture and then the storage shed. So far I've gotten all the bathrooms and hall closets emptied. The first thing to get moved over were the kids' stuffed animals and their toys.
Ok, I can't wait any longer to write about this..... I was sitting here reading e-mails and blogs and feel something on my foot and brush it off and turn the light on to see a COCKROACH scurrying away. YUCK!!!!!!! My skin is still crawling. I grabbed a shoe and smashed it, but yuck, again. Did I say yuck already, YUCK. Now the word yuck is starting to sound funny. I guess I better stop saying it. Ok, just one more time. YUCK.
So, back to the moving. We are only moving two streets over from where we live right now, so it's been really easy. I load the van up, take it over and put the stuff away. It's actually pretty great. I've been loading stuff into my two clothes hampers and using them, which is really easy because they have handles. It has been hard to try and move stuff with three kids. Having to load them all in the van to drive around the corner, unload the stuff, then load the kids back into the van. By the time I get one load done it's time to each lunch, then it's Jacyn's nap time and I have to stop. She's been taking longer than usual naps too, but then again, she has only been taking one nap the last few days, so that's probably why. Anyway, I can't get much done while she's sleeping, maybe load the van up. By the time she wakes up it's time to eat again. To top it all off the temperature has been 104 or 105. It's not fun, or easy, to pack and unpack stuff in that kind of heat. Maybe by the time we are all done moving I'll have lost some weight, that would be a plus. It would be so much easier if I had someone to watch my kids while I tried to get this stuff done. Hopefully someone will be able to help us out while Dan is here so we can get all that done quickly. The faster we get all this stuff done, the faster we can get up to Idaho and rest. It's looking like Dan is going to be in Idaho until around August 10th. We (the kids and I) are going up there to spend about a month, we should be coming home the end of July. We've got a busy week ahead of us. Fun stuff.
DIY Paper Spinner for Endless Fun
3 days ago


4 comments:
I didn't realize that Dan would be back this week! Way to go getting most of the moving done. Most people would wait until he was here and make him do it. You are super mom!
I wish I lived closer to help Chantel. Possibly someone in your ward could help. I bet if you let the Relief Society President know you needed help with the kids you'd get it. The Elders Quarm might even be able to help Dan move the big stuff. It is worth a try anyway since you don't have family down there. We love you and Dan! Good luck!
Congrats on the move! Hopefully you get done soon, so you can go spend time with Dan.
Hey-Are you still going to be in the ward? I can watch your kids for you sometime, just give me a call.
I agree with you on the cockroach thing they are REVOLTING! I cry when I see one. Funny huh!
Post a Comment