


The next night we had Marin's friends over then drove downtown to a Ritz Club Reunion. Even though none of Marin's friends went to the Ritz back in the day, I knew they would love it. My little brother Tyler met us at the club and it was so much fun to hear all the old music that me and my friends used to dance to every weekend. It was hot and sweaty and we absolutely loved it! We all stayed until closing time, 2:00 a.m. It took me two hours to get back to my parent's house because I had to drop off people on the way, so I didn't get to bed until 4:00 a.m. But I would definitely do it again.
That afternoon of the shower Coal, my parents dog, was going crazy barking at the glass front door. Thomas went to the door and saw this little bird sitting there. It must have flew into the door and knocked it's breath out. It was huffing and puffing and I think in a little shock. Marin was able to pick it up and she put it under one of my parent's trees in the front yard so it could recover and fly away when it needed to and not have to worry about any animals eating it. It worked, later that evening Marin and the neighbor went to check on the bird and it was gone.


Saturday night before we went out Marin and I heard the kids yelling, "There's too many bubbles." We ran into the bathroom to find this:
I took a few pictures of the kids covered in bubbles as Marin cleaned all the bubbles up. I went downstairs to ask my mom the best way to get rid of bubbles and she came up and just laughed. The bubble sure made her rugs clean and fluffy, once they had dried.


Sunday evening my Dad's side of the family had a bbq up Millcreek Canyon. The kids had a blast playing with my cousin's kids, who they never get to see, and Marin and I had fun catching up with our cousins and Aunts and Uncle.


My parents were the best during this hectic and crazy weekend. My kids were definitely NOT on their best behavior. I would actually say that they acted worse there than they ever have at home. I don't know what got into them. It was tough, but everyone struggled through and had some fun in between the kids fighting and having fits. I never realized how difficult it would be to try and plan two parties while pregnant. If it wasn't for my wonderful mother and sister nothing would have worked out, or even happened. You guys are the best and I thank you so much for all your hard work this weekend.


3 comments:
Glad everything turned out well.
What a cute idea assigning different times of the day. I haven't heard of that one. The food sounds so yummy too. Great job!! I'm so jealous you got to go the Ritz Club reunion :( but I'm also happy you had fun, you needed it. Glad you're home safe
How did I totally miss the bubbles? Did you add those pics late, or am I just a little blind these days?
So funny!
Post a Comment