Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Letty's growing up way too fast.

Yesterday after I picked Letty up from the bus stop she told me that she didn't want me to pick her up from the bus stop tomorrow. That she wanted to walk home by herself. I couldn't believe it. Thomas didn't ask that until he was well into first grade. It's not like she has other friends to walk home with either. There is only one other little girl that gets off the bus with her at her stop and that little girl lives right in front of the bus stop. I have to say though, I don't think I'm going to honor her request just yet. She's only 5 and she's only rode the bus home from school once. I think I'll wait awhile longer and see if she still feels the same way.

Today was the first day that Jacyn was actually awake when the kids left for school. She really had a hard time with them leaving, especially Letty. She ran down the street after them yelling for them to wait for her. I had to run after her and pick her up and carry her home. About an hour or so later she asked where Letty was and I had to tell her she was at school. It's been a little tough for her to understand that Letty goes to school now too. But she does get excited to go pick her up from the bus stop. This morning has been a lot of fun just spending time alone with Jacyn. This is the first time that anything like this has ever happened. It should be a fun year for all of us.

1 comment:

Tammy Anderson said...

I agree with you. I'd give it a little longer just for your sake. She is going to be an independant girl! Ava had a hard time when Grace started preschool. They are always with their siblings, but the two of you will have fun mornings alone together. It was so nice to just have Ava when I went shopping. Enjoy!