Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Grass Caterpillar

Thomas brought this grass caterpillar home from school about a month ago and it wasn't growing very well. He said that everyelse's at school was growing but his wasn't. Well, after a few days at home and me continually watering it, I noticed that the nylon (where the dirt and grass seeds were planted) was bulging and when I felt it, I could tell that the grass was growing it was just stuck underneath the nylon and not growing through it, like it was supposed to. So, I cut big holes in the nylon stockings and Voila! We have a caterpillar full of grass. It's still growing every day, as long as I keep it watered. It's kinda fun, and pretty cute.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

They grew grass in Melissa's class, too. The caterpillar looks a little more fun than the cup of dirt!