My parents came into town for Letty's birthday this year and my mom and I made her a cake.
My mom designed this new little swimsuit for Letty. It really shows off her long body.
Thomas had a baseball game that evening, so we decided to have her party the next day. After the baseball game we let Letty decide what we were going to have for dinner. She wanted pizza and we tried to get a Papa Murphy's pizza but they close at 8:00 and we ran out of time to get one, so we decided to take her to a pizza place in town that we hadn't been to before. They brought her a dessert that was "huge" and here she is with my mom (Grandma) and her brother, in all their dessert covered teeth glory.
My mom and I made Red, White and Blue cupcakes. Letty wanted an American Flag themed birthday party this year.
The kids played Pin the Tail on the Donkey. Here's Jacyn taking her turn.
Then we had the kids do a sack race in pillow cases. There were so many kids that we had to break them up into three different groups and decided that doing those groups by age was the better idea. So, here is the youngest group. One of our neighbor girls, who is a twin, won this race.


Then came the second group. Thomas won this race. He practically jumped out of his pillow case at the finish line. I think I got this picture right when he accidentally elbowed his friend in the head, which didn't feel too good.
Then came the final racers and once again the only other boy at the party won this race. 
I think the kids all enjoyed the games. We also put prizes in balloons and then blew up the balloons and had the kids pop their balloon to get their prize. That game has been a favorite for a few years now.

I think the kids all enjoyed the games. We also put prizes in balloons and then blew up the balloons and had the kids pop their balloon to get their prize. That game has been a favorite for a few years now.
Happy Birthday Letty Lou. We love you so much. You are getting so big and smart. You have made such great progress at school this year and have made some great friends. You are such a great little helper with your baby brother. When I've got my hands full and can't hold Ace you are right there to pick him up and when you sit down and he cries you always stand back up so he will be happy, even if it doesn't make you very happy to do that. You are so beautiful and have such a big heart. I love you by big 6 year old.










2 comments:
It was a fun party. Happy Birthday, Letty!
It looks like you guys had a grat time for Letty's birthday. She is such a cute girl! I hope you let her listen to the messages we left for her on her birthday. Sorry we didn't get to talk.
Post a Comment