Well, as long as this baby stays a boy, which we are expecting but haven't had confirmed yet, we have decided on his name. It is going to be Ace Charles Drown. Charles is Dan's paternal grandfather and it's a name that I had been wanting to use for a while now. I'm really happy with the decision. Now as long as this baby cooperates and comes out a boy (ha, ha) then we will be fine. We are having this baby at home with a Midwife and I won't be having the usual hospital expenses that would normally take up the majority of our insurance deductible, so all my blood work and ultrasound and other little things end up going toward my deductible which means I have to pay for all of those things myself. My blood work already cost me $217.00 and an ultrasound will cost somewhere around $250.00. Right now, I just cannot swing that price. I'm hoping that sometime next month I will be able to come up with an extra $70.00 to have one of those 2D/3D ultrasounds at a boutique place here in town. The cool thing about that is that she said she does a 3D ultrasound for the price of a 2D since she has the machine on already. The bad thing about doing it that way is that they aren't medically trained (at least I don't think they are) and won't be able to tell me any of the information that you get from a hospital ultrasound. I'm hoping at that the person will be able to at least see where the placenta is attached, since I have a tendency to have low lying placentas. I'll keep you posted on what happens next month.
3 comments:
I like the name!
Love the middle name you decided on! That will go great. I hope you guys get the money for the ultrasound and everything goes well.
Yeah the name is a good one, Surprising though as set on a J name that you were!! But I have to be honest and just lay this out and I hope I dont piss you off, but I think regardless if you have the money or not you should have the ultrasound at the hospital, cause I think this baby is worth spending $250.00 on to make sure that he/she is healthy... who cares about the sex we all know that its a boy! :)
Post a Comment